Snowkiting? What's all this green stuff?


I didn't think it would be as good as it was. I woke up around 5:00 and went out to get some early morning moonlight photos of all the white. The whole time I was out all I could think of was how good it looked and how the weather reports we saying it would be blowing up to 20mph for the day. But how much riding can you get in on 3 1/2 inches of snow? Actually quite a bit especially if it stays cold and the winds drift it around. We were out for almost 4 hours today and for the most part it was really good. The snow was thin but the grass was slick so it turned out to be decent riding.

At first the snow was sticking to our skis but Molly went back to the van and got the tuning kit. After a quick buff wax the skis were a lot better and we could actually carry some speed. Molly was on her Apex 7.5 at first then moved up to the Peter Lynn 15m Synergy. Mike was flying his new 10m Synergy. I took the 15m and got some good pulls when the wind picked up a little more. I even got a couple of small jumps in.
It's a little uncomfortable jumping over what is essentially grass while on skis but with the wind what it was and the little snow that we had I couldn't resist.

I'm not much of a jumper I admit but I'm working on it. Molly's shots are the first pics I've seen of myself jumping. I don't look as goofy as I feel so I guess that's a good sign!

I'm psyched on the 15m Synergy. It turns fast and has way more lift than I can possibly use at my level of jumping ability. Everytime I ride it I'm amazed and the amount of power and de-power that kite has. The winds got really punchy and gusty and I could hardly feel it on the Syn. Just smooth solid power.
According to Pepijn at Peter Lynn the new Chargers are even better. They'll have even lighter bar pressure which will be great for me with my new left wrist,turn faster and have more depower. I can't wait to try 'em out.

So to sum it up it was a pretty good couple of hours of riding. Molly got first tracks,Mike got to fly his new 10m Synergy and we got to try out the Ody as a fully loaded kite rig. We have a little snow and the cold temps are supposed to hold for the week so we might get some more riding soon. The ground hasn't frozen yet but we might still keep this snow for a base and another weather system is due in on Tues/Wed. We've got some new locations to check out and hopefully I'll have more to report in the next couple days.

Stay Tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Charged Up about Chargers Pt.1

Patience is a Virtue.

Low Speed and High Tech Pt.2