Low Speed and High Tech Pt 1.5.

On Champlain.
by Curtis Savard
http://www.curtissavard.blogspot.com/

Is two months too long between blog entries? Yeah, yeah, I know last year I was a little more on top of things blog wise. What can I say? This has not been the best kite season and as a result I just haven’t been feeling my “Kite blog muse”. Really, this season has sucked on a level of suckness that I have never seen. If my first kite season had been like this I probably wouldn’t have stuck with it.

To write about the frustration of what this season has been for us here in northern New England would have totally cost my blog it’s PG rating. There’s no way I could have described the weekly events and crappy sessions without dropping F-bombs like a squadron of B-52s. And since I found out just recently that our friend and local Bridgton Flysurfer disciple Paul Morse’s mother reads my blog I’m really glad I didn’t go off the deep end and write a slew of distasteful entries.

My first magazine interview.

But the season seems to have turned a corner. Finally! If anyone recalls from my last blog entry (those many years ago) we had a bit of a slush issue on our lakes. Until about a week ago we were still dealing with slush. This has been a season of slush, deep snow, DEATH CRUST (if you don’t know what death crust is, it’s exactly what it sounds like), and almost no wind.

Charger Ad on inside cover.
Shot by Curtis Savard.

Poor Molly didn’t get a real session in until just almost two weeks ago.

I haven’t been taking pictures because frankly there wasn’t anything shot worthy. I have been riding with my Drift helmet cam and getting footage with that. So the next few blog entries will have some video and I will pull some low rez stills from some of the footage for illustration purposes.

We just attended Kitestorm and after several people (rightly so) harassed me about my lack of blog action I’m feeling a little motivation to get moving on this and get at least a few blog entries in before the season ends. Up until recently there just hasn’t been anything I could write about without really getting worked up about how lame the season had turned out to be.

Second interview this season.

But the last few weeks have turned around. We went to Kitestorm, I managed 70mph on Sebago Lake, I had a bad crash at 50mph on Sebago Lake, Molly did an 85mile distance session, etc. I have material now.

Molly's photos have been published in both mags.

So here we go. I’m working on Pt. 2 of “Low Speed and High Tech” right now and I hope to have it up before this weekend when I head out to Minnesota for the Mille Lacs Snow kite Crossing.

Stay tuned….

Comments

  1. Oh wow he CAN do a blog post! I thought you'd broken your fingers in that crash or had spilled noodles on the keyboard ... or something ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno. I'm sensing just a little bit of sarchasm there Mr. Henry. Are you giving me the gears? Because it sure feels like it from over here!

    You bastard, I'd never spill the precious noodles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All Charged Up about Chargers Pt.1

Patience is a Virtue.

Low Speed and High Tech Pt.2