A Cure for Boardom.

A board. A mountain board to be exact. Picked it up today and played around with it tonight. The plan was to try it with a kite but the wind sucked so I was reduced to playing in the streets and on the trails behind the house.

I gotta say, boards have come a long way since '97. I can't believe how nice it is to ride. Really I did'nt think I'd consider riding it on a trail but after tonight I actually started thinking of the local mountain bike trails that would work well with this thing. Who knew?

I will say I took the bindings off. For now I don't need any hassle bailing off it. I was able to bail off with the bindings but I'm not airing out so I don't need to be locked in. Honestly I think if I ride it with my 5.10's it will feel almost as good as a binding if how they grip flatty pedals is any indication.

I played with the suspension a bit, suprisingly sensitive to adjustment. 

I feel pretty good on it.  It doesn't feel completely alien for sure and almost comfortable which I found odd since I don't snowboard, kitesurf, or skateboard.  I can almost pump the board, goes great over all kinds of stuff (super smooth) and at this moment I have no skill at making the damn thing stop. We'll cross that bridge when we crash into it.

Thinking about taking it to the pump track.  I don't know a damn thing about riding these things but I didn't know anything about flying kites when I got my first one.  That seems to have worked out ok.

I can't wait for some wind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Charged Up about Chargers Pt.1

Patience is a Virtue.

Low Speed and High Tech Pt.2